We are planning for another exciting soccer season as FC Alliance will once again offer a recreational league for U4 - U7 players. Communication with the program coordinators is mainly by email so please ensure that you have provided your correct address (if you do not have email access, please let your coach know and we will find a different avenue to get information to you).
This Fall season will be 8 weeks in length and will include one scheduled training session per week on Mondays. The FC Alliance recreation program is run by our licensed staff, and will utilize professional coaches and a small number of trained volunteers. Games per below information.
FALL/SPRING SEASON SCHEDULE:
- 8 Week Program
- Fall (September 10-November 3)
- Spring (March 18- May 11)
- U6/7 players (ages 5 and 6) will practice Mondays 5:00 – 6:00 or 6:00 - 7:00
- If Monday training is rained out we will update you all about potential makeups
- Games for all U6/7 players - 8:30/9:00 Game time start for Saturday mornings....games will occur in the morning and usually the last game of the day will start at noon or 1:00...i.e. your child will play for 1 hour sometime during that timeframe each saturday except for spring/fall break
TIME to sign up for the league NOW! On-line registration is now open at www.FCAllianceKnox.org/register.
All practices and games will be held at Nicholas Ball Park, at the corner of Middlebrook Pike and Lovell Rd (next to the Wiegels store). Parking at Nicholas Ball Park is limited, so please do not park where you block an entrance / exit, especially those leading to the grass parking area. Please plan on having your player be at the field at least 15 minutes before each practice and game.
The team jersey is included in the registration cost. Players will need to have shin guards, proper footwear, a soccer ball, and water / sports drink for every practice and game.
This program will be devoted to the enjoyment and development of soccer players without the emphasis on travel or high pressure competition. We want to provide an opportunity for the participants to have fun, learn the sport and develop life skills, including a life-long love of the game.
Players will receive equal playing time and play a variety of positions throughout the season. Game scores are not reported and team standings are not kept. While teammate requests will be allowed, every effort will be made to form balanced teams. If you have a question or concern for the coach, please wait until after practice or game to calmly discuss the situation. The FC Alliance rec directors are also available to discuss any problems that you have that the coach cannot answer.
The recreational soccer program has several goals, as listed below. Please keep them in mind at all times.
- Having fun – and then more fun
- Learning how to play soccer
- Respecting the game, coaches, referees, opponents
- Learning about good sportsmanship
- Learning to win and lose with dignity and grace
- Developing the concepts of team play and team work
- Letting everybody play, regardless of skill level
- Improving your soccer skills
- Learning different positions
- Honoring excellence of effort – not just achievement
If you have questions or require additional information, please contact the Recreation Program Coordinator, Martha Hall
WHAT YOU NEED FOR TRAINING/GAMES:
- Soccer Ball (Size 3: U4-U7)
- Athletic Shorts (preferably black)
- Practice Shirts for Weekly Practices (can be purchased @ FCA gear store)
- FC Alliance Uniform Jersey for games
- Socks - Must Cover Shin Guards
- Shin Guards
- Soccer Cleats
- Water or Sports Drink - No Carbonated Drinks
- Snack if desired
Rec Program Coordinator
Recreation Program Coordinator
Phone: (865) 659-6074
FC Alliance is seeking individuals willing to coach at the recreational level. Please email Martha Hall
to inquire about these great coaching opportunities.