Key Points for FC Alliance Goalkeeper Training:
1. At least four goalie sessions offered per week, year round -- at NO EXTRA CHARGE for club keepers.
2. More than 20 FC Alliance goalkeepers have gone on to play in college, with over 10 at Division 1 schools.
3. FC Alliance staff now includes five former collegiate goalkeepers and we often offer guest sessions led by college coaches and current / former professional keepers. Please check the website regularly for updates on special sessions.
4. Topics covered at our sessions will include every aspect of being a successful goalkeeper, including: ready position, catching, breakaways, crosses, footwork, punting, goal kicks, throwing, communication and more.
5. Coaches are now incorporating video analysis into sessions, as well.
6. For a brief overview of topics and key points, please consult the training manual PDF located on the left side of the Keeper Page.
7. This page is updated daily with information about weather and time changes -- as well as tips arising from training sessions and highlights from MLS games; be sure to see the MLS 'save of the year' from Red Bulls goalie Luis Robles, who was kind enough to join us for training last year!