As the weather begins to cool and the fall season approaches, we can expect less and less daylight for players during practice and game times. To ensure that FC Alliance can continue to offer training and competitive play throughout the fall and winter seasons, FC Alliance is implementing the "Light the Night" fundraising program through Help R Youth organization with a goal of raising $300,000 for light and facility improvements at three locations within Knox County, beginning with Alliance Park and Johnny Long Training Academy, with the hopes of expanding to US Cellular and we need your help!
We are asking for every player to help in our efforts to raise money for these important improvements. Getting involved is easy, all you have to do is sell a minimum of five (5) FC Alliance Fundraiser Cards per registered player. We are also accepting cash donations so that we can get to our goal faster! This program will run from October 7th to October 31, 2010. The Fundraiser Card sells for $10, and offers up to $500 in discounts to some of your favorite retailers in Knoxville such as:
Papa John’s, Domino’s Pizza, Menchies, Dunkin Donuts, Zuma Fun Center, Meineke, Burger King, Soccer USA, Jiffy Lube, Chili’s, Sonic, Smoothie King, Einstien Bros Bagels, Buddy’s Bar-b-Q, All-in-One Automotive & Transmission, Silver Spoon, Mancinio’s, Famous Daves, Strike & Spare Family Fun Center, Bravo Cucina Italiana, El Charro mexican Food, Quizno’s Subs, Moon Walks & Such, Perkins Restaurants, Fuddruckers, Sir Goony’s Family Fun Center & many more!
The benefits of donating to this program include:
- Enabling boys and girls within our local community to continue after school activities when then seasonal time change occurs, this is when lights are a must to accommodate game and practice times
- Attracting more teams to our community with scheduling flexibility for games and practices which also helps support local retailers
- Providing safer practice and game environment for players during extreme humidity and heat as they allow for later game/practice times in cooler temperatures
- Sparking fan and community interest, while promoting the benefits of soccer
such as fun, family, fitness and friendships
- Doing your part to help Knoxville improve soccer in East Tennessee
And now to for the fun part . . . the PRIZES!!! Prizes will be awarded based on the highest dollar value generated, includes Fundraiser Cards sold and cash donations.
1st Place: 42" Flat Screen LCD with Xbox 360 4GB Console with Kinect
-Awarded to the person that sells 200 cards or collects THE highest
in combined sales and donations over $2,000.
2nd Place: Xbox 360 4GB Console with Kinect
-Awarded to the person that sells 125 cards or collects the second highest
in combined sales and donations over $1,250.
3rd Place: Laptop Computer
-Awarded to the person that sells 100 cards or collects the third highest
in combined sales and donations over $1,000.
4th-8th Place (5 awarded): Mystery Prizes
-Additional Prizes will be awared based on amount of cards and donations raised.
Top Team Fundraiser: Moonwalks Team Party at Johnny Long Training Academy
-Awarded to the team with the top sales or donations raised.
How to Get Started:
Your Team Manager will be given a packet of (5) Fundraiser Cards and an order form for each player on your team. All you have to do is sell your (5) cards. If you sell your 5 cards and need more, just write the orders down on your order form and request additional cards from your Team Manager. You will be surprised how easy these are to sell. Please be sure that all checks are made out to your team account. Your team manager/treasurer will then write one check for your team to submit to the light fund.
Tools to Help You in Your Fundraising Efforts:
As mentioned, your Team Manager will provide you with an order form and copy of the "Light the Night" brochure, however if you just can’t wait to get started, or if want Mom or Dad to take a copy in to work, we have attached the forms for you to download here! These brochures are great tools to use when discussing our "Light the Night" program. You can also give a copy to people who make cash donations as a way for them to record their cash donations.
Please feel free to download these tools to get started today!
· Fundraiser Card Order Form
· Light the Night Brochure
· Light the Night Brochure (with Large Card Example)
Thank you for choosing to be a part of the FC Alliance organization and sharing your children with us. We look forward to continuing to enjoy this season and the wonderful game of soccer with you and your family!
- Players, families and coaches are eligible for prizes.
- Existing club relationships with donors are excluded from prize consideration.
- Prize decisions will be made by the Board of Directors. All decisions are final.For every Fundraiser Card sold $5 will be donated to FC Alliance "Light the Night" Campaign Fund.
- Each card sold above the 2,500 mark will generate a $7 donation for the light fund.
- 100% of cash donations go to the "Light the Night" Campaign Fund so don’t forget to mentional that FC Alliance is a not-for-profit organization and all cash donataions are tax deductable