EARN CREDITS TO PAY FOR YOUR CLUB FEES
The Scrip Program is a tuition assistance program that FC Alliance has enrolled in to provide families an option to earn credits to pay for their child’s Club soccer fees. Parents simply enroll in the program and purchase gift cards from the stores they like to shop and a percentage of the cards value will be returned as a rebate to be applied toward a player’s Club fees.
As an example, Applebee’s gives 13% of the amount purchased, Chili’s 9%, CVS 6%, Marriot 8% and so forth. Rebate money from these programs goes directly to your child’s Club and Team account.
To enroll in the program, view gift available gift cards or to place an order, go to www.shopwithscrip.com.
There are hundreds of participating retailers. There are a variety of gift cards available for department stores, home improvement, shoe stores, restaurants, hotels, gas, car rental, pet stores, book stores and many more. Some of the local vendors include Lowe’s, Home Depot, Wal-mart, Panera, Starbucks, Applebee’s, Walgreens, CVS, Dicks, Subway and BP. The Scrip site has an alphabetical listing of all vendors and the percentage they will contribute. You can also download a complete list here.
To participate in Scrip you will have to set up your account online. This is easy and DOES NOT require you to enter your banking information. After your account is set up you then shop online to order what you want. To enroll, follow the steps below.
HOW TO ENROLL IN THE SCRIP PROGRAM
- Log onto website www.shopwithscrip.com and create your account.
- In the field for "Student," enter your Soccer Player’s Name. This is an important step: If you do not, you may have issues and delays with receiving the rebate check for your Team Account.
- In the field for "Teacher," enter your Team Manager’s Name and Age Group and Team Name. (Example: Sally Smith, U13: 98G Gold 1).
- Please note if you have previously registered, you will need to update the "Teacher" field in your profile every year as your team name changes. This will ensure your rebate check gets applied to the correct team account.
- Enter the FC Alliance Enrollment Code: 318C892513615. It should tell you are part of Tennessee Valley Futbol Club.
- Do not register for Presto Pay- we are not using this option.
- Once you are registered you can then go to ordering. Order as you would for any online purchase.
- You can change your order while you are making your order but once you check out, the order cannot be changed.
PLACING AN ORDER, PAYMENT & PICKING UP YOUR ORDER
- Log on to www.shopwithscrip.com. Order as you would for any online purchase.
--You will be able to see the amount of rebates offered by each company as you shop.
--You can change your order while you are making your order but once you check out, the order cannot be changed.
- Once your order is complete, print 2 copies of your order (1 to be submitted to the Program Manager and 1 for your records).
- Write a check payable to: TVFC Fundraising. Checks are due one week before the order is placed. Banks have the right to hold checks for 5 business days before crediting them to our account.
- Mail a copy of your order and payment to Trish Gleason at the following address:
TVFC Fundraising c/o Trish Gleason, 213 Woodland Trace Drive, Knoxville, TN 37934 or you can coordinate a time with Trish Gleason to meet at the fields to submit your order. Note that one dollar will be deducted from each total order from the rebate check.
- Once the order is placed we usually receive the cards fairly quickly. Total turn-around time is usually two to two and a half weeks from the time checks are deposited.
- Once the orders are received, you will be notified by email and a pick up location will be announced.
- Rebate checks will be dispersed to the team of the player in the player’s name. (No funds are dispersed to a player directly). All rebate checks are deposited into a team account.)You will get a copy of the rebate amount to keep for your records. The rebate amount can then be deducted from team fees and club fees that a player owes.
FACTS ABOUT THE SCRIP PROGRAM
- You will only have to register once.
- Funds generated this year will be able to be carried over to next season.
- Orders are placed approximately once a month. Check the announcements on the shop with scrip web site; it will have the next order date posted there. This is the date that checks are due.
- We are only taking payment by check at this time.
- You may enter multiple orders each month. They will be processed as one total order. You will only be charged one dollar for shipping per TOTAL order. You can have people order gift cards from you, but I cannot accept checks from them. Please have them pay you and write one check for the total order from your account. DO NOT WRITE ONE CHECK FOR GROCERY CARD AND SCRIP ORDERS COMBINED. These are very different programs and are handled by different people. If I receive a check for both grocery card and scrip together I will not be able to place your order.
- If your son or daughter decides to stop playing you cannot receive this money. The funds are required by law to remain with the club. You may decide to donate the money raised to another player or to a team.
- You will not be asked to enter your bank information on the site. If you are asked to do so you are enrolling for Presto pay. We are not participating with this option at this time.
- There are hundreds of vendors available on this site. We have been using this vendor for close to three years. They have proven to be a reputable company.
- If I do not receive your order by the deadline for checks the club order will be placed without your order. You will have to wait until next month to order again. Your order will remain online. If after two months I do not receive a check your order will be cancelled off the site.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What is Scrip? Scrip is a fundraising program set up for any non-profit organization that you can purchase gift cards through on the internet at face value and earn a percentage of the amount purchased as credit. This credit is applied directly toward your child’s soccer fees.
- What type of gift cards? Check out www.shopwithscrip.com to view all of the cards available. They carry department store cards, home improvement, shoe stores, restaurants, hotels, gas, car rental, pet stores, book stores…and the list goes on.
- How much credit is earned? That depends on the vendor. For example Applebee’s gives 13% of the amount purchased, Chili’s 9%, CVS 6%, Marriot 8%
- When are orders due? An order confirmation and check are due the 25th of every month.
- How long does it take to get the order back? Between 5 and 10 days.
- Does it cost anything to sign up? No! With each order, $1.00 shipping will be deducted from your credit earned.
- How do I receive credit? Along with your order, a check will be given to you or your team manager. Credits will be made out to your teams account, and the team manager will keep track of credit earned for your child. You may not receive cash for the credit earned.
- How do I get my order? When the order is in and ready, Trish will send out an email or call you to make the most convenient arrangements for pick up.
Please contact the FC Alliance Scrip Program Manager, Trish Gleason with questions.
Email: Trish Gleason
Mobile: (865) 201-1370.