The FC Alliance Academy Select Program is a local competitive soccer program designed for standout U8-U18 players participating in the Academy Program that have demonstrated a higher level of athleticism and skill.
The purpose of the Select Program is to further challenge those Academy players by providing opportunities to participate in local competitive matches involving teams outside of FC Alliance, while limiting travel within the greater Knoxville area. All Select players will be registered with TSSA enabling them to compete with and against other competitive teams.
The Academy Select Program is a 12 week program, offered twice a year; Spring and Fall. Training and game schedules vary by location and age group. In some instances, coaches may opt to offer extended training opportunities or extend the program to accommodate the needs of higher level players and teams. Additionally all players in this program can take advantage of club skills, goalkeeper training, and finishing training as offered by the club and scheduled on the club training calendar for no additional cost.
Training is designed to maximize each player’s individual skill level in addition to building some team concepts. All players at all sites are trained from the same curriculum which enables players to develop to their full potential regardless of the geographical location of their home. All teams and coaches opperate from our proven curriculum designed to maximise training time and player development.
Select players are encouraged to participate in the FC Alliance Skills Sessions at no additional cost (sessions are listed on club calendar). The cost to participate in these sessions is included in FC Alliance Club fees. Goalkeeper training, finishing sessions etc. as offered by the club are also included in the club fee that select players pay so again ther is no "upcharge" for these parts of alliance programming. This is in addition to regular training times for each team (all additional training is optional but readily available for those players who are interested).
- Available to U8-U18 Boys & Girls
- Players Must Register On-Line - Important Registration Note:
To register for Academy Select, simply choose the academy select option and e-mail academy director so that you can be put in communication with your academy site coordinator (we offer multiple locations in knoxville - pick the one most convenient for your home and family and email DARRICK.LUBELL@gmail.com )
- Program Club Cost is described on the club fee schedule http://www.fcallianceknox.org/Fees/Schedule/index_E.html
- All Players will be Registered with TSSA
- Estimated Team Fees $100-$150 (Includes State Registration, PRSL and Local Tournament Play, Referee Fees; will vary by team)
- Uniform Kit Not Included in Program Cost - rough cost is ~$50 total
(2) Shirts, (1) Short, (1) Set of Socks
- Team Fees and Uniform Fees (purchase uniform roughly once every 2-3 years) are seperate from Club Fee
- 12 Week Program,
- Fall August 27 to November 10
- Spring March 5- May 10th
- Practices will be held 2x per week at registered location
- Players will participate in generally 1-3 Games per Week
- Optional Skills Training Available Throughout the Year
- Date for end of season jamboree celebration to be announced with season schedule
- Teams will be registered for Futbol League of East Tennesse (FLET) and play game dates as specified by the league
- Once FLET league dates are set, players/parents will need to check the game schedules posted on the FLET website for their game schedules
- Teams may be registered for one local FC Alliance tournament and have the option of registering for other local/travel events as desired by the team
WHAT YOU NEED FOR TRAINING/GAMES:
- Soccer Ball (U8-U12: Size 4, U13+: Size 5)
- Purchase Select Uniform Kit (see above - team order form on documents for download purposes)
- Black Socks - Must Cover Shin Guards
- Shin Guards
- Water or Sports Drink - No Carbonated Drinks
To play for FC Alliance, each player must complete the required forms and submit the information listed below. Forms not captured electronically are available in our Download Center (www.fcallianceknox.org/downloads).
- Permission to Roster - online registration takes care of
- Medical Release Form - online registration takes care of
- Uniform Order Form - will be filled out by team manager
- Copy of Player Birth Certificate
- 1"x1" Headshot Photo of Player for Registration Card
Financial Aid is available for this program.
PRACTICE & GAME INFORMATION BY LOCATION:
Now Registering for Spring 2014 FC Alliance Academy at new locations!
- click on the site tabs under academy link to see what training times and days are at site nearest you
Academy Select - Program Director
The FC Alliance Academy Select Program is a competitive soccer program designed for U8-U18 players looking for a high level of competition while limiting travel within the greater Knoxville area. The Academy Select Program offers players and their families an alternative to our Travel Competitive Program which requires extensive training, time, travel and additional expense.
Why Alliance Academy?
Academy sites are conveniently located around the greater Knoxville; all training occurs at registration site. Each team can determine if they wish to travel outside of the greater Knoxville area for higher levels of competition.
FC Alliance encourages players to develop physical fitness, competitive spirit, teamwork, integrity and good sportsmanship.
Consistent, structured and goal-oriented training delivered by experienced, licensed coaches.
Provides players a strong foundation and the core skills necessary to transition to a competitive, college or ODP program. All players will be prepared for middle or high school team participation.
Provides an alternative to Travel Competitive Program with less travel and expense.
Players enjoy being active and playing with friends while competing and challenging themselves to take their game to the next level!